On 12/07/2014 05:07 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

*/I once knew some folks who were into their particular "liver cleanse," during which they fasted a short bit, then drank down a combination of lemon juice, olive oil, and Colosan (a natural colon cleanser). This would supposedly clean out years of accumulated gunk in your liver, which would appear magically in their toilet as green-colored globules of gick, after which all who tried this cleansing routine raved about how much better and more energetic they felt. They swore by this routine, and recommended it to others.
/*
*/
/*
*/Turns out the green-colored globules of gick are just what happens to olive oil when you mix it with lemon juice and ingest it. They were "cleansing themselves" of exactly the thing they had ingested a few hours earlier. :-)
/*
*/
/*
In a similar vein the Guardian's Bad Science columnist Ben Goldacre once tested a lot of popular, and expensive, detox products.

He did it by having all his usual bodily excressences analysed both before and after taking many of these supposedly cleansing substances, and he found there wasn't anything there that wasn't there before. You'd think there would be something to show for all the expensive rituals.

He ruined many a promising new age health "experts" career by hounding them with the results of his data. "Dr" Gillian McKeith doesn't call herself a doctor any more because of him.

This whole conversation is starting to make me feel good about continuing my chocolate and mince pie consumption well into the new year. Oh yes.

And I guess you don't have to worry then about drinking too much Guinness at the local pub. :-D

  • [FairfieldLife]... eustace10679
          • ... salyavin808
              • ... salyavin808
      • Re: [F... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]