From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 8, 2018 6:19 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Omkara

>Evidently a lot of people feel this way also about meditating with the TM
>group, not turning out for what was superradiance of the group. The numbers in
>the Dome meditation are incredibly low now.

When the domes were under construction, Maharishi said, “The time will come
when I’ll want you to do your program alone, but for now I want you to do it in
a group”. He also once said, to people who were complaining that they weren’t
rounding enough on some course, “The time may come when I tell you to stop
meditating altogether”.

>Interesting to see how the principles of higher moral character that were the
>communal experiment started at Amherst in ‘78 have been eroded and hurt in the
>administration of it.

For outsiders or people from away looking in on the experiment I recommend
their reading "Greetings From Utopia Park" and listening to the NPR 'Fresh Air'
interview of Claire Hoffman for insight to how it went.

I don’t recall anything about “principles of higher moral character” in the air
when we first came here from Amherst.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>,
<r...@searchsummit.com<mailto:r...@searchsummit.com>> wrote :

I appreciate what you’re doing with the group meditation thing, but I like
meditating at home. I usually take a nap first, then just sit up and meditate.
Times vary.

Rick Archer

Buddha at the Gas Pump

https://batgap.com