On 11/17/03 12:45 PM, from the address: [EMAIL PROTECTED], you wrote:

> BEHnam,
> Another for you from the Arabic-L list.
>
> (I'm also glad to see someone else noting that what is SMALL fontsize
> in English is WAY TOO SMALL in Perso-Arabic.)
>
> -Connie

Thanks Connie,

I'm also glad that you received my last message. I don't recall it being
posted in FarsiWeb. I may have send it to the wrong address.
By the way, sorry for mix-up. In your last message I thought the forwarded
text was from you, therefore I assumed you understood French. So I didn't
bother to translate the French quote. All it says is that Apple's Mail can
now support right to left writing.

My Panther's box is sitting on my desk for weeks now. I don't install it
before finishing with my fonts. I don't want to mess my programs and
settings by this installation. Based on what Albrecht Hofheinz is saying, it
seems that I did a good thing!

About the font size, the problem is that there is no criteria about what a
font of let say size 12 should look like. It's also true for English fonts
but at least they remain within a reasonable expectation. But with Farsi
fonts, when you choose size 12, from font to font the appearance can be
enormously different. I try to rectify this problem with the fonts I'm
working with (or at least reduce the differences) but there seems to be no
rule or convention in this regard.

Behnam