> FYI.
> Looks like Panther doesn't do diacritics.
> -Connie

Thanks Connie for information.

This article covers pretty much everything and is the best review I've ever
seen on the subject of Panther and AraboFarsi language.
I'm particularly happy about right to left performance of Mail and TextEdit.
This is wonderful news:

>>Mail

>>Désormais, dans Mail comme dans TextEdit, un click-droit (ctrl-click pour ceux
qui n¹ont qu¹un bouton...) fait apparaître un menu contextuel dans lequel on
peut choisir le sens de l¹écriture. Les problèmes de placement des ponctuations
en arabe sont donc terminés... à condition que votre correspondant utilise
Panther ou Windows

Unless I misunderstood the article, Panthers actually does diacritics. It is
Safari that doesn't do it yet completely. That's why texts copy-pasted off
Safari on Mail or TextEdit have no problem.
In Macintosh, Mail and particularly TextEdit are directly run by OS text
engine, and in this case Panther.

Now I wonder if I type a Persian text in Panthers' Mail, can it be read
correctly on Windows mail client?

-Behnam