Exactly! I think what we need to do now is congratulate them on this, and
gently try and steer them down the sort of 'sane' path they're advocating
(as clearly there'll be plenty of submissions from other 'interested
parties' doing the opposite). Still, that'll teach me to write stock

Also had one slightly crazy idea... when they put out invitations to tender
for the role of this new PSP body, would it be feasible for representatives
of the free culture / open knowledge community in the UK to put in a
proposal to actually do the work?

cheers,

Tim