What happens if I pull the chips while the machine is on and drop them
in a flask of liquid nitrogen, carry them back to my lab at leisure,
then power them up and dump them?

I'm not sure about every laptop, but the 3 I just poked around at here
in the office have all the memory in trapdoor access, so pulling it
while the machine is on is simple.

I'm a little confused as to what the point of your bit flipping and
temperature sensing is though - if you're storing/using the key in the
MMX registers, it's never going to be in main memory, so why go to all
that effort?

All clever stuff though regardless, so thanks for pointing it out to
us.

S.