There are Seagate FDE hard drives for server or network storage. But as it
was pointed out if the hard drives are in a secure location, the need for
security diminishes. However, in many situations, that is not the case.
Also failing drives can be hotwapped out at any time, or drives need to be
disposed off due to upgrade. These types of drives are still carrying open
data that require protection.

Scott