Kevin Graham wrote:

The problem we're having is when we try to correct the entry using any
client.

It's simply valid LDIF like Noriko already told you. A double colon after attribute type name indicates that you have to base64-decode the attribute value. If you want to process LDIF then use a decent LDIF parser. This has not necessarily to do with the attribute values. It would also be valid data encoded in valid LDIF if all attributes are base64-encoded in lines attrType:: attrValue.

It's a uniqueMember attribute so it's supposed to be ascii.

No, it's not supposed to be ASCII at least since it contains DNs which can be UTF-8. Maybe in your case it's supposed to be ASCII but not in general.

Ciao, Michael.