It may well be that this has been discussed on this list before, and worse yet, that I may have even participated, but if so I've long forgotten, and it doesn't seem easy enough to search for.

In my livecd generation tools I go to a bit of extra hassle to play symlink games with /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r), such that it doesn't get put into the squashfs, since a copy of it is in the container iso/usb filesystem.

Maybe we want to do that for f12? It is a bit messy, but I think it's worth it for 3/700M.

peace...

-dmc