Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
On 07/16/2009 04:07 PM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Wednesday, July 15 2009, Douglas McClendon said:
In my livecd generation tools I go to a bit of extra hassle to play
symlink games with /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r), such that it doesn't get
put into the squashfs, since a copy of it is in the container iso/usb
filesystem.

Maybe we want to do that for f12?  It is a bit messy, but I think it's
worth it for 3/700M.

Nope, it breaks the ability to easily install by copying over the
filesystem.  And when you consider that someone may be booting via pxe
and then trying to install (see livecd-iso-to-pxeboot), there's no
guarantee that we can get that file back.

OTOH, someone may opt-in to remove the duplicate files or foo or bar basically breaking this feature which is not essential to the concept of Live media (but is a Fedora feature and so must be on all Fedora released Live media).

Well, maybe it might break something else, but I corrected Jeremy on the livecd-is-to-pxeboot case.

An 'rm' in %post would be too early, and so the "user" is out of alternatives.

I'd suggest if someone really wants to remove the kernel from the filesystem before it is squashed, but after it has been copied, they write a plugin for Revisor and send me the patch ;-)

If only there were a thousand hours in a day...

peace/out...

-dmc