"I'm interested to hear any test cases you guys may have that justify why
you need -rt. "

every.single.time.

without rt, the packages I use are virtually useless. performance sucks.

with rt, a world of good.

it always amazed me that redhat never let Fedora into their 'real-time'
kernel plans. would have been great if fedora was bleeding edge for that
now.