Oh, Becca...I'm so sorry to hear about Paassht...I know exactly what you
mean about the photos...I busted out the video camera a few days before
Ewok died.  And while I got the moments that I had hoped for (he liked
to do laps in the water bowl...swish his paw around and lap up the water
off of it), I also got the moments where he was starting to fade.  Every
moment was precious, though...and some day I'll be able to watch them
all...for now I'm just happy to know that down the road, I will be able
to see him as he was, physically, whenever I want.

Take care of yourself...I'm crying with you...

            The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
>From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George