I don't remember Brenda posting lately, had she been having complications?  I remember that harrowing trip that she and her daughter took to pick up Lovey and Merry and her talking about how well her check up had gone at the time.  That was about a year ago.  She was quite a lady, she will be sorely missed.  I'm so sorry.  I saved her poem that she wrote in tribute to felv kitties.  It says so much about her.  Here it is:

I wrote this tribute to all feline leukemia kitties in December, 2000.  It is still as true today as it was then.  For all who don't know eating cheesecake means a cure has been found for Feline Leukemia.  One of the long term listers wrote an email several years ago and said "when they find a cure for this disease, we will all eat cheesecake."

The Best of Us
     a tribute....by Brenda K. Smith

He holds their sick bodies
  The creator of man
In his gentle, loving hands
   As only He can.

We question their existence
   How can they survive
Why were they created
   Should they be alive?

What is their purpose
   Their short life on earth
Are they angels to guide us
   To grant us our worth?

Do they teach us great lessons
   Have our lives been enriched
Are these little creatures
   Our wise teachers in this?

They leave us far richer
   Than when they began
Our lives touched so deeply
   These small companions of man.

We seek the great wisdom
   From the Holy Spirit above
Why has He brought us
   These little angels to love.

We may never know
   The answers we seek
Why these tiny bodies
   Endure such pain until weak.

Upon this birthday of Christ
   We are blessed from above
By these angels of light
   Who have taught us such love.

Their presence forever
   Will abide in our hearts
The souls of these beings
   From us will not part.

Some day there'll be joy
   Part of His master plan
No more sickness to endure
   A well and full life span.

Soon our tears will be dried
   Our sorrow will abate
The cure WILL be found
   And we will eat cheesecake!

Belinda Sauro wrote:
    Hi All,
  It is with deep sadness I must let you all know that Brenda Smith passed away this Monday.  Brenda didn't post often so many of you may not be familar with her.  She was a wonderful, loving member of this group for many, many years and recently adopted two positives Lovey and Merry in March of 2005.  She was also in charge of the list emergency fund and the FeLV T-Shirts that the group sold, in fact she contracted the artist and company that designed and printed them.

I've known Brenda for many years and am going to miss her immensly, her passing is a huge loss for the group.  For those of you who did know her and would like to offer condolences to her family, you can email her address [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] and her daughter will receive them.  This is a very sad week and heaven most definately has a very special angel today.  I know she was greeted by many, many pets including her precious Suzy Q whose loss she never recovered from.

Brenda enjoy all your babies and we'll all see you soon enough ...