Yes, I do have Ellie separated from everyone else and it's breaking my heart; she's so lonely. What should I do?

From: Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Welcome Kathi
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:17:56 -0700

Hi Kathi,
Damn girl, what an emotional roller coaster ride you've had! I'm so pleased to hear that your "heart" cat Oreo has tested neg. You didn't make it clear, do you have Ellie separated from the others? I hope not. Imo, there's no reason to do so since everyone has been exposed to everyone else already.
Glad to have you here, and glad your nightmare roommate is gone.
Nina

Kathi Clark wrote:

Gloria,

Is your Belfield's Vitamin C for human consumption or is it the Mega C Plus for
cats, dogs and equine?

I got Oreo as a stray. I trapped him behind the Dumpster at Kentucky Fried Chicken. What a joy he is in my life. He drags a rubber dog bone around the house and I'll find it in my bed and in his water dish. He is so happy and full
of life and so intrigued with everything.  I think God must have known I
couldn't handle losing him to FeLV.  He is truly my soulmate.

My ex-roommate brought Ellie in. I said she could bring her kitten with her when she moved in. She said she'd had her tested for disease. When I moved in, I found out she hadn't. I kept begging her to get her tested. She made an appointment and then cancelled it because she "didn't have the money." That was it - no concern for my 5 healthy cats. When she had Ellie spayed, I asked her to have her tested at that time. When I asked if she'd had her tested, she said, "Oh yes, she's negative and they gave her a clean bill of health." When she moved out on me, I asked her to leave Ellie because Oreo and I had gotten so attached to her. I called her vet and was told she hadn't been tested. I was livid and scared. Ellie tested positive. I had my other 5 tested and to my horror, Oreo tested positive, a light positive; the other 4 were negative. I was devastated. I kept him separated from the others, had him on Mega C Plus for 3 weeks, then had him re-tested and he was negative. In the meantime, they
all got upper respiratory infections except for Ellie.  The vet said Ellie
probably brought it in and had already dealt with it before moving in. Oreo was the only one who didn't have it as bad as the others. I attribute it to the
Mega C Plus.

What a nightmare my roommate was. She also almost burned down my house. That's
it for roommates for a while.

Kathi