Having lost my precious little soul Naomi a couple of days ago, and she
was only 4 months old ---"quality of life" means so much to me... Every
day, I loved her like there is no tomorrow because I knew that "time"
was not something we have had together.. I knew the time was running out
for me to be with Naomi. unfortunately Naomi, most of the time
especially towards the end of her life,, she neither had "time" or
"quality of life" as she was too weak to play.. whatever she had as a
illness, it could have been contagious to others.. but separating her
from her brother and sister and the rest of her family was not something
that I even had considered as a choise..she was and still is a part of
the family no matter what..

>From what I read...over 70% of cats have been exposed to the felk virus
in their life time sometime.. but they still don't get infected.. felk
like FIP.. it is a disease of their immune system, and not so much about
the virus itself... other kitties probably have already built immune
system to the virus..

I know it's a difficult decision to make and I cannot tell you what to
do... I try to do everything I can in my power to protect them.. but
sometimes they are not asking to be protected... they want their
freedom.. even if it means it's shortening their lives... they are not
afraid of death like we, human are.. they live in the moment.. and they
want to be "happy" in the moment they live in.. they don't think of the
future like we do.. and sometimes they get depressed if we try to do
something to protect them from what may or may not happed in the
future....

Hard lesson, I learned some things are better untouched...and learned to
be comfortable by uncertainty.. don't be fearful of what could happen in
the future...

Hideyo