The thing about Samantha is that she does eat the hard food and doesn't
seem to experience any discomfort when eating it.I believe she is
actually eating less because of the weight loss as I'm not home during
the day. I know what you mean when you say that you have to be happy
knowing you did your best. I used to beat myself up when I lost a cat
due to kidney failure last year. I had her for 15 years and I felt that
she took a part of my life with her when she passed. I felt that I
should have done more. Sometimes nothing you do can help. You have to
accept that fact and let go.
>>> Tad Burnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/25/06 5:48 PM >>>
Nancy
  An average cat needs to eat about one 5.5 oz can of food each day..
If she is eating much less than that than that explains the weight
loss...

 FeLV is spread in the saliva so it is possible to spread by grooming
or food and water... It dies as soon as it dries out but if it is kept

moist ...
If the neg. cats are healthy and a year old or older they have a good
resistance to FeLV... It spreads among strays that are in run down
condition
and under the stress of being homeless...
It is very unpredictable and you have to be happy knowing that you gave
them
all the good life that you could within your means... It may be a good

long while
and they may be happy right up to the end and pass in their sleep or it

can be
a long illness and you may have to make the decision that you will have

to help
them to the Rainbow Bridge... This is a great group and we are all here

to help
each other with much experience and to be with you during the sad times
when
we are loosing one of our babies...
Tad