Hi, Diane,

Thanks for replying to my first post on this group. The kittens are 5
1/2 months old now.  I've been trying to find homes for them since
they were 8 weeks old, but no luck :-(  I had no clue that some of
them had FelV until a friend adopted one, and it became extremely
sick. It was tested for FelV and soon died.  The others are still
fine, they had their shots and other than feeling bad for 24 hours,
which most kittens do, they recovered and are running all over.

My vet is good. She has always answered all my questions, given me
plenty of time, and she is also understanding about my ordering vet
meds online to save money.  In fact she will tell me what to use and
what dosages to give.  The vet I used before got p.o'ed  big time
about this!  There are only 2 vet clinics in our very small town, and
I really like the one I use now. I assume she had to cover her butt
by giving me a worst case scenario on FelV.  One of the things she
told me, that didn't seem right, was that felV could be transmitted in
ways other than by sharing food & water bowls, grooming or biting....
My cats often escape their quarters, and my vet indicated that a
negative cat might walk where a positive cat had been and pick up the
virus.  This sounded a bit far fetched to me.  What do you think?
Is she just covering all bases?

I am now giving the kittens L Lysine, which I understand will help
boost their immune systems, however they are all still together. I
have no place to separate them.  I have 15 cats at home (they are
rescued inside/outside cats) and I bought a building in town which I
use as a shelter. There are 33 cats there, so we're full up!  These
cats are not in cages, they all have individual rooms, but the rooms
are full, without being over crowded.  I'm working on finding more
space where all FelV cats can be separated.

Thanks for writing.

Lorrie in WV