Hi Sue
I can ask Hideyo ...hopefully I can get an answer for you tomorrow.
I hope it is something that can be put into remission, but I am not
sure.

I know how much you care for Buzz and I am sure that he knows that ...
  a great immune system booster. When Me Me was in the throes of
fighting
a terrible upper respiratory, we used to do 15 minute intervals of
bliss therapy
throughout the day. She loved being combed and she would roll and
around and purr
deeply.... almost vibrate. I know this sounds nuts, but I am sure the
sheer pleasure
of being loved and cared for (she had been thrown from a car window
onto the porch of
a 'shelter' as a kitten) helped her immune system.

We do everything we can to help them fight this virus. We know that
ultimately they are on their
own path, and that they will let us know when they want to let go.

Hopefully Hideyo will be able to answer your questions.
Give Buzz a buzz from us.

Jane