Hey MC...send me your phone # offline...I need to ask some important questions
about a couple of female kittys I want to have spayed...pretty pleeze!Debbie
(COL)"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do
something.And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by
the grace of God,I will do"    (Edward Everett Hale) > Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008
18:05:27 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Stray Kitty I took in tests positive> > this is closer
to what i would have said--wait to see if the cat is actually> positive, and
then weight the very real risks of NOT vaccinating against the> potential ones
of doing so.> > i follow dr dodd's recommendations myself, i just define "sick"
differently,> i guess. (tho i'm REALLY not happy about the new protocol for
kittens--every> 3-4 weeks of vaccines until they're FOUR MONTHS OLD?????? to
me, that's WAY> too much......)> > MC> > > On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:48 PM,
Saehwa Kang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > Our vet told us to hold off on both
shots and spay surgery until the> > final diagnosis. It stresses their systems
and makes them weak,> > thereby making it harder for them to fight off the
disease...> >> > Sent from my iPhone> >> > On Oct 29, 2008, at 2:29 PM,
"MacKenzie, Kerry N." <> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > wrote:> >> > > Sally, I
personally would not vaccinate a positive cat. See Jean> > > Dodds'> > > and
Charles Loop's (both vets) views here. (The paragraph below is> > > taken> > >
from the website.) Kerry M.> > >> > >
http://www.newsagepress.com/protectyourpet.html> > >> > >>>> All packages of
vaccinations carry warnings that they should be> > > injected only in healthy
animals. In the case of cats, vaccine> > > manufacturers advise against
vaccinating pregnant or nursing cats.> > > However, many pets are not healthy
when vaccinated although they might> > > not have outward signs of health
problems. Charles Loops, DVM, a> > > holistic veterinarian from Pittsboro,
North Carolina, notes that> > > "chemically killed viruses or bacteria are
injected directly into the> > > blood stream, which is an unnatural route of
infection." (7) This> > > causes> > > the animal's antibodies to attempt to
fight off the offending virus> > > molecules and render them harmless. If the
animal's immune system is> > > too> > > weakened, he or she cannot fight off
these viruses and can develop a> > > reaction to the vaccine. Even small
amounts of a virus that is> > > introduced through a vaccination may be too
much for sick animals to> > > fight off. They then may fall ill from the very
disease to which they> > > have been vaccinated.<<<> > >> > >> > >
-----Original Message-----> > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > [mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED] On Behalf Of SALLY> > > NORDSTROM> > > Sent: Wednesday, October 29,
2008 3:59 PM> > > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> > > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk]
Stray Kitty I took in tests positive> > >> > > Another question. My kittens
tested positive with the ELISA test.> > > May> > > they have their vaccines?
Mom gets tested Friday. If positive, may> > > she> > > have her vaccines? May
she be spayed?> > >> > >> >
Mayer> > > Brown LLP was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be> > >
used, by any taxpayer to avoid U.S. federal tax penalties. If such> > > advice
was written or used to support the promotion or marketing of> > > the matter
addressed above, then each offeree should seek advice> > > from an independent
tax advisor.> > > This email and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for> > > the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If> > > you have received this email in error please notify the system> > >
manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not> > > disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail.> > >> > >