Hi Sharyl,

I see what you mean about "assist" rather than "force", and I would
definitely assist feed a cat who is just off it's food for awhile or
one who had a non terminal illness. The story I wrote about happened
many years ago, and this cat was dying of kidney failure, but I was
too young and too dumb to know it, and I kept hoping he'd get better.
Now I realize I was probably torturing the poor cat by forcing food
into him.

As a matter of fact I am "assist feeding" my very old cat now. His
recent blood work was very good for his age, and he had his teeth
cleaned again, plus had an extraction, but he will not eat unless I
sit there with him, and give him small amounts of food several
times a day.  I see what you mean about assist rather than force.

Lorrie

On 12-29, Sharyl wrote: I'm hoping Lorrie did not mean she would