Hi guys,

Well, I took Smookie in to the doc and the vet opened her mouth and said,
"Whoa!"  From Thursday to Friday, Smookie had developed tiny little "bubbles"
on the inflamed area in the back of her mouth, and this morning when I gave her
her antibiotic, I noticed the roof of her mouth is now red and irritated.
Whatever she has, it's moving fast.  There was no redness on Friday when I took
her in, which is probably why the vet did not say Stomatitis.  The vet said she
wasn't exactly sure what it was without a biopsy (just a bunch of normal
colored tissue in the back of her mouth), and she didn't want to do that right
away until we tried some drugs first.  She wanted to give her a steroid shot,
but because I suspect Smookie has feline herpes because of her history of
corneal ulcers, I wanted to try the antibiotics first since steriods tend to
surpress the immune system further.  Even though she did not have a fever, I
figured something bacterial was
 going on because of the yucky drool she's been having at night (which I
originally thought was coming out the other end, and had a fecal done about 3
weeks ago which showed nothing).  Not sure that bypassing the steriod shot was
such a good idea now since her mouth is getting red.  I will probably take her
back in tomorrow and get the shot for her.  She pilled great the first two
days, not so much this morning.  She can be a little devil if she wants to be.
I did some research and the good news is, if it is Stomatis and it can't be
controlled with normal treatment, there is an 85% cure rate with extraction, so
that's hopeful.  Wish us luck that this goes away as fast as it's coming on.
Any input/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Wendy and Smookie
 "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade
~~~