I have to say that my FIV cat lived 6 years after his diagnosis....and none of
my other twelve indoor cats ever contracted it.  Also, Spike lived a very
healthy life until the last couple of days...I wouldn't trade anything for the
time we had.

I take care of a feral colony, also...all TNR'ed and vaccinated.  Just because
these cats were abandoned or born outside doesn't mean they need to die.  TNR
works!

Debbie (COL)
"The time is always right to do what is right" -  Martin Luther King