One more question.  We did a reticulocyte count on Wolfie because we had to
draw blood for a CBC and we were able to do the test with the same sample.  I
hoped it would give me some useful information.  The results came back and my
vet felt they really weren't very informative or helpful.  She called for
clarification and to explain Wolfie's history of leukemia, higher HCT's, etc.
and to ask if the anemia is non-regenerative or not.  They said that the amount
of reticulocytes was appropriate for a cat with a HCT of 27 but that they can't
tell if it's regenerative or not because the HCT has to be below 20 to
determine that.  We knew it was recommended to wait til then to do it but both
felt we didn't want to be waiting that long or drawing more blood at that
stage.  I'm confused.  If it was non-regenerative, he wouldn't be making
reticulocytes, right?  Anybody ever do a retic count before the HCT drops below
20?

Amy