Please both Reyna and Michael, don't take other people's concerns personally.
It is good to check things out and be a little skeptical before handing over a
cat to someone you don't know.

Awhile back I took an FIV+ cat from Glendale, California.  The people sending
teh cat wanted references, which I gave them.  They did check the references.
They were very paranoid (actually suggested that I might sell the cat to a
lab!) but I just gritted my teeth and reminded myself to look at it from their
perspective.  They even photographed the transport person and checked his
driver's license before he left with the cat.

It's OK.  Better to be too careful than not careful enough.