I'm with you on that one........ Ignorance is bliss.  I still feel
guilty over a cat I PTS years ago, just because I tested him and he
was FelV pos. This was what was recommended then, but I'd have never
known he was positive otherwise. I had 4 other cats at the time and
he'd been with them for years, and none of them were pos. They also
hadn't gotten FelV vaccinations, so I really don't think it's as
contagious as they say.  Now I'd NEVER put a positive cat down unless
it was extremely ill or dying.

Lorrie