From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Jane Lyons
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:23 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Raw Food

Hi Lorrie
It took me a long time to switch my cat (Felv+) to raw. She refused
any raw
that I first offered her and rejected cat food that had any raw in it.

I have two dogs that I have fed raw to since they were puppies. I
discovered
that when I was preparing their food my cat would jump up and begin
eating
whatever I was serving them, including organic buffalo, beef,
lamb ...not just
chicken and turkey. By letting her eat from their bowls she developed
a taste
for it and will now eat it from her own bowl. It is not always fool
proof. For whatever
reason she will sometimes reject raw so I use Petguard (Whole Foods)
or Wellness
(both wet) as back up.

I am convinced that a "species appropriate" diet is really the way to
go.
It is not easy but when you realize what the by products used in
commercial pet food
are, it is very motivating.

Jane

http://www.eset.com