ok... I suppose I will have to research the possiblity of seizures more
closely.  thx.

--- On Mon, 12/7/09, MaryChristine <twelvehousec...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: MaryChristine <twelvehousec...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] OT:help w/post traumatic stress in cat?
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009, 2:39 PM

i'm with the folks suggesting prozac/elavil--tho the other thing i'm
wondering about is whether it could be a seizure disorder. another inactive
member of this list has a CH (cerebellar hypoplasia) kitty who has seizures
in her sleep.....

the other thing, tho with it happening in sleep isn't as likely, would be
some sort of hyperesthesia syndrome resulting from the early trauma: there's
a kitty who was set on fire when he was young, and his burns were never
treated, and he has to be on depomedrol, or he turns into a mainely-coonie
fiend if he is touched at all--it's almost as if the nerve pathways were
knocked way out of whack, and didn't get rewired correctly.

MC

--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....