It is kind of hard to say if anything can be done for him as we don't have a clue what is wrong with him. If he is severely anemic, it could be cause by the FeLV or it might be Hemobartonella, which is very curable. I have had luck on two anemic FeLV positive kittens using Acemannan. If he is having trouble breathing because of anemia, I would say he would need a transfusion just to allow time for any meds to work no matter what the cause. The problem may be something else entirely, need to know what you are fighting before deciding on a course of action..

Gary

LauraM wrote:
More sad news to add to the rest of the sad news out there.
Frosty Paws and I have an appointment for 4:30 tomorrow at our vet's. I think
it is time to let him go, and I refuse to let him suffer needlessly. We all
know how our FeLV kids can suffer at the end. So I believe I'm doing the right
thing. We'll see what the vet says.
I've only had him for about a month and a half. He was a stray who somebody took in. She had him neutered and combo tested, and the test came back positive. Since she'd never had a FeLV + cat before, she felt a little overwhelmed, and since I already had 3 of them, I agreed to take him on. Frosty has always been quiet - the woman who rescued him said he was the most quiet and non-confrontational cat she'd ever met - but I wonder if what we thought of as simply quiet (since she didn't have him for long, she didn't truly know his personality, either) was actually a sign of illness. He's looked a little down for the past week, and this morning his breathing was really labored, and was still labored when I returned home from work. Charlotte's breathing was the same way before she got a blood transfusion, and she died a month later in spite of everything. He also appears to have lost some weight, even though I've seen him eating. What do you all think? Is there anything else that can be done? Something we can try? I don't want to lose him if there's a possibility of saving him, but I don't want him to suffer, either. Thank you for all your concern and advice.
Laura