I don't understand why people don't tell you the full story. I run into that
all the time in rescue. She may have just been afraid you wouldn't take him. I
wish you the best tomorrow.
Beth

From: LauraM <hingebacktorto...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:07:28
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Frosty Paws will be PTS tomorrow

Well, I just got off the phone with the woman who rescued him, and she told me
some things I hadn't known about. First of all, she said he'd frequently been
sick:  lethargic, lifeless, with labored breathing. She didn't know he was
positive at the time. And I thought she'd had him for just a little while, but
in fact he'd lived with her since last April. I'm not sure when he was tested.
So this guy has been symptomatic for some time, now. I wish I'd known this. I
would have still taken him in - but I'd have begun some sort of treatment a
month ago.  She's a reiki practicioner, and when he had these episodes of
illness she'd work on him and he'd recover. She's driving an hour from Newnan
tomorrow to meet me at the vet, and we'll take things from there.