From: LauraM <hingebacktorto...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Frosty Paws has passed
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 8:42 PM

I had Frosty Paws PTS this afternoon. I sat with him all day and several times
thought he was nearly dead, but he stayed alive long enough to make it to the
vet. My vet agreed that euthanasia was the best option. I had thought I felt a
lump, and my vet said it was lymphosarcoma....so I'm at peace with our decision.
I'm just so angry at the person who gave him to me - apparently he had several
episodes of sickness during the time she had him, yet I was never informed of
this. He was presented to us as an asymptomatic cat who had just happened to
test positive for the virus. If I had known this, I don't think I'd have taken
on the heartbreak of another sick cat, especially so soon after Chutney's
death. I'd only had Frosty for a little over a month, and he appeared to be
healthy until a couple of days ago. My vet said he didn't blame me for being
ticked off - what if he had had some other disease that could have been passed
to my cats? I have 3 with FeLV and 2 with FIV, all healthy...she knew her cat
would have been living with mine and yet she failed to fill me in completely on
his condition. She'd wanted to be with him when he passed, and I was so angry,
I called her this morning and told her Frosty hadn't made it through the night.
Then I hung up on her.
On a happier note - Bridget had her 4th LTCI injection today, and guess what?
She has been steadily gaining weight and visibly growing since beginning
treatment.