You loved him and he knew that. It is heart breaking for you and the helplessness and frustration of the situation must be awful but you can through for the little one. There are so many "what ifs" with this terrible disease. Bless you for caring for this little soul. Perhaps one day you will know why he came into your life like this and why you came into his life.