We work with seni9or and special needs animals and often find good homes for
them.  But that is only after we take care of blood panels and dental.  On
average we spend about $500 per cat getting them ready for adoption.  And
that's with rescue discounts, our own lab account, etc.  Market rate at a
private vet, it would cost 3 times as much.