I don't know why your veterinarian did that. It's always been my understanding
that tetracyclines are the only treatment for mycoplasma.   I'd google the hell
out of that one. And I'm very sorry. I'd either get another vet or get my own
Doxycycline, Bird Biotic by Thomas Labs.

Very sorry for your loss,
Marcia

Sent from my iPhone