I use colostrum for a lot of the ferals (get it from a farm store for calves). I can't know if it helps but these guys have lived a lot longer than most ferals.
On Feb 12, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Marcia Baronda wrote:

And how about some immune system builders, like colostrum, etc.

Sent from my iPad that my most awesome kids surprised me with, Christmas 2010.

On Feb 10, 2012, at 9:48 PM, Amanda Vollaro <avoll...@optonline.net> wrote:

Marcia, thanks for both suggestions. Yes, L-Form Bacteriaseems to be what they were describing. Some round, others blown-up, and some hairy. "The Marshall Plan" might be viable, if only I could find a clear-cut explanation of it. I'm guessing it's a thorough approach using all fresh food, no glutens, etc. I'm interested in colliodal silver, although it sounds good in the petri-dish, I'm not so sure it'd be good for a cat. Anyone else using it? What's the dosage?

Ah - and the bird stuff? Awesome. They also have sulfas and all forms of antibiotics available, it's just they're "for the birds". *chuckle*

I still have some fish-erythro that I purchased over a year ago, before they started yanking them off the pet store walls. It seems too many people figured it out. Glad they haven't gotten wind of the bird stuff. I'm going to stock up. Sulfa powder is exceptional for little scrapes that kitties get on legs and paws, and it's good for humans, too. Saved my hand after I was bitten by a german shepherd pup.

Thank you for your incredible kindness!
Amanda Vollaro
avoll...@optonline.net
----- Original Message -----
From: Marcia
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Urgent Advice Needed

I don't know why your veterinarian did that. It's always been my understanding that tetracyclines are the only treatment for mycoplasma. I'd google the hell out of that one. And I'm very sorry. I'd either get another vet or get my own Doxycycline, Bird Biotic by Thomas Labs.

Very sorry for your loss,
Marcia

Sent from my iPhone