From: Lance
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:32 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] New To Group-Lance

Ember was four years old when she tested positive, but she must have had the
disease prior to that. She might have been as young as two or three years old
when the infection became persistent. We still don't know how the virus got
into the house, whether through Ember herself or a stray kitten my parents took
in who was later euthanized due to symptoms a year and a half later.

About lymphoma, please join the feline lymphoma Yahoo! group. The support there
is amazing, and a vet frequently comments there.

I'm glad that the others aren't showing symptoms. My Ember has thankfully had
very few issues with the virus. Her main symptoms are: low white blood cell
count, anisocoria (one pupil is fully open all the time), and some very minor
bouts of diarrhea (not in the last few years) and upper respiratory infections.
For the most part, she gets sick like a normal cat.

You may want to check this blog post that covers cat food:

<http://www.naturalcatcareblog.com/2010/12/the-7-best-natural-commercial-cat-foods-so-far/>

Ember eats Tiki Cat these days, which is the priciest stuff, but other brands
like Hound & Gatos and Great Life Essentials are more affordable.