The oral meds can be very hard on the liver, I believe Itraconazole
(sporanox) is considered the "safest", griseofulvin and ketoconzole can be
dangerous, Griseofulvin should not be used in FIV+ cats (one of the main
people on the former Ringworm group lost his FIV+ kitty that way), and my
understanding is that Ketoconazole shouldn't be used in cats.  Personally I
would not use either, but if oral meds seem necessary would stick to
Itraconazole.

Just a two cents, I'm not a vet but know many here are already dealing with
challenged kitties so wanted to mention :-)