I think it stays frozen ok indefinitely, but once is thawed, it's supposed to only
last a month in the fridge.. then loses potency.

However, I think there IS enough evidence that it helps these cats, my own Bandit
being some of that evidence. His blood work said it all. The vets at Guelph University
here in Ontario certainly agree that the evidence is there.

sue

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/08/99 12:18pm >>>
Interferon is very easy to get in the states.  My vet has some frozen but hasn't
perscribed it in years.  Go figure.  I am getting what he has simply b/c I knew to
ask.  I too can't believe your vets haven't even heard of it!  Scary!  The big thing
now is the feline interferon.  It's very new and can't be obtained yet (as far as I
know).  The though is that it would be more helpful to cats since it is from cats.  I
don't know much a/b it though!  Another point of disagreement we have discussed here
is it's shelf life.  Most people think it can be kept frozen for a very long time,
others think it "expires" and loses potency after a while.  My vet said there is no
evidence that it works for felv or fiv cats, but that since the side effects are so
minimal, he will use it.  Hope this helps!

Jamie