Here's a great example of always carrying your knitting with you every where you go!

I'm working on mittens for myself right now. (Black alpaca/merino) I just spilled coffee on my knitting bag yesterday. (My knitting bag has ended up also becoming my purse - just threw my wallet, pocket calendar and cell phone in.) It's in the laundry, so just this morning, I changed to my old leather purse. It's big enough to hold my mitten project. Yet, as I was heading out this morning to take the girls to the movie theater, I hesitated on grabbing my knitting. I didn't want to knit during the movie. I shrugged and threw them in my purse anyway.

No, I didn't knit during the movie. But right afterward, we picked up Daddy and the baby and headed right out the door for another outing. While touring a local brewery, our four-year-old tumbled down a flight of stairs on her face. She was taken to the emergency room by ambulance with me riding along. While sitting at the hospital, I was able to pull out my knitting, which really helped to pass the time. (She has mild concussion, a huge hematoma, a bruised but fortunately not broken nose, abrasions on her face - but nothing that needed stitches, and a cracked front baby tooth. She'll be fine.)

Pulling out my old leather purse, by the way, was like opening a time capsule. According to the old receipts, pay check stubs and movie tickets, I haven't used the purse since early 2000, just after getting married and just before getting pregnant. Among the old cough drops, various business cards, pocket knife, pens and lipsticks, I found five old love letters from my husband. Ahhh....

Gabrielle

Twould be fun to come up with a list of knitting reasons or excuses--like the surgeon who knits to keep her hands flexible, or those who knit to keep arthritis at bay. I think mine would be making cheap gifts :)

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail