What a lovely story, Gabrielle, and I'm so glad your daughter wasn't seriously hurt--but I'm also sure you had some anxious hours before you knew that.

I virtually always take knitting along, because you never can tell what might happen. Like the time our truck broke down and we waited about 2 hours for a tow. DH was striding back and forth and muttering--not like his usual calm (though energetic), while I calmly sat on the bank knitting a pair of socks. And when we finally got it to the dealership, we called our son to come get us, and that was another couple hours of sitting and knitting. Plus, lunch at a Chinese restaurant that had the best eggrolls I've ever had :)

I need to think about buying more sock yarn! Two of my oldest pairs made from commercial yarn finally need some darning--which would be fine, I don't mind that, they've given good service. Except I thought they'd never wear out (nylon in the wool, you know) and finally gave away all the bits of yarn I'd saved for 8 years, just two months ago!

Lesson learned: Save even commercial yarn for eventual darning, if all you wear are handknit socks!

Holly

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail