John, that's a great price, if the loom is lightly used, especially with all that equipment.

As far as being good for a beginner--I'm just about to warp sectionally for the very first time, and I'm glad I have some years of experience with weaving behind me. But if you have mentors to help you, I expect it won't be bad for you to start with sectional warping. You'll also need a tension box to get you started winding on.

The size of the loom will be somewhat limiting, but at least it's not the 18" weaving width a friend got for Christmas near here :)

Schacht looms have some design issues IMO, but they are very solidly built and will last for years. Their smaller looms are easier to use within the constraints of the design issues, I think, so the Baby Wolf should be OK.

I don't feel beginners need to be limited to certain types of looms. Small is certainly less intimidating than large, but large has the advantage of more space to work in and being more solid, so it evens out in the end. The process of dressing a loom and weaving isn't much different from one jack loom to another, regardless of size. My first loom was a Harrisville 40" 8 shaft :)

Holly

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail