I just read a L.A. Times article about betel nuts. When chewed (not something
I'd recommend) the nuts stain the teeth red. Stain. That caught my eye.

Before I get jumped on, yes, I know betel nuts are a mild stimulant, mildly
addictive, stain the teeth red, and cause mouth cancer, when chewed. I'm not
advocating that they be chewed by anyone. Think dye for fiber.

The mouth is acidic when chewing betel nuts. Which (I think) causes the dyeing
effect on the teeth. I'm wondering if the betel nuts could be dyed, using an
acid bath.

Anyone got a source for betel nuts?
wrnk
d2