I have a couple pieces of felt I had made out of my own wool. These
were done on a mini-mills felting machine. Yes it had marks when it
initially came off of the machine - but they were completely gone once
the wool totally dried and relaxed. Neither piece I have has retained
any of those 'waffle' marks. I have Shetlands. Later on I bought a
piece from the same woman who did my felt, that was made out of
'leftovers' from her carding machine. It is gorgeous, and again no
waffle marks.

Nadine