Robert Patterson writes:

> One item in your review puzzles me. About the new staff attributes, you
> said, "...the most fast and flexible way to now set the stem direction
> for a region of a staff is to create and apply a Staff Style for it."
>
> How is using a staff style either faster or more flexible than selecting
> a region in Mass Mover and Freezing Stems up? I have a quick key for
> Freeze Stems up, so I can do it darn near instantly, plus it only
> affects the layers that are visible (i.e., more flexible.)

Using the Mass Mover approach will make _permanent_ stem direction
changes. Applying a Staff Style for stem direction will not. This makes it
easier to revert to some other stem direction style, if the staff is used in
some other context (such as scores vs. parts or different kinds of scores).

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson
ICQ #: 78036563