> On Tuesday, July 9, 2002, at 04:50  AM, Richard Walker wrote:
>
> > ... I can switch between pizzicato, mute, solo, tutti, and
> > arco/nat samples just by typing the words above the staff (no
> > fussy expression dialogs)...

Without commenting on the main MIDI playback issue, which is one I care little
about, I should mention that Richard's comment possibly illustrates a difference
we've discussed here before. Being able to type the expressions straight in is a
great feature for someone learning the program. Presumably a new Sibelius user
can use it to great advantage over the cumbersome expression dlg boxes that
confront a new Finale user.

BUT....

Eventually the Finale user figures out that s/he can assign metatools to the
most common expressions. Metatools are far more efficient than typing in (or
pointing and clicking). Thus while Finale clearly (in this intance) takes longer
to learn on the front end, it may be much faster once you understand about
metatools.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com