Hello all,

I have been trying to develop a better working method when it comes to inputing orchestral scores. I have been using lots of keyboard shortcuts and macros (thanks to Tobias' tools) and whatever can make the job easier...

I am, however, still unsure about what is the best layout for my score from which to extract parts. I am currently writing the score with each instrument getting its own part, so that extracting the parts will be no problem. But then my score has an unusual format since it has four horn lines, 3 trumpet and trombone lines and, well, you get the picture. I can then (with some noodling) combine these parts unto one staff to make a more readable score, but I am not sure this is the most elegant solution.

I hope I explained my dilemma succinctly enough but with clarity.

I hope we can share working methods for inputing orchestral scores.

Alain Mayrand, composer