At 12:19 AM -0400 9/20/02, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>At 07:49 PM 9/19/02 -0800, Mark D. Lew wrote:
>
>>Obviously I'm just not understanding this at all. Let's back up. If a note
>>has a syllable and that syllable has a hyphen, how does the program know
>>where to draw the hyphen?  Currently it does it by looking at the position
>>of the syllable which it recognizes as coming next in the text stream.
>
>It continues to draw the hyphen(s) until the next syllable appears. You can
>type it or drag/drop that next syllable, or click-drag the hyphen line.
>That's the easy part.

What if you are in a first ending, and the lyric is "a-bout" with the
first syllable on the last note of the first ending? Is the hyphen
extended to the first syllable of the second ending, which might not
need a hyphen? What if there is no vocal line at all in the second
ending, or until the end of the piece? Will the hyphen get extended
endlessly, as it does now? What if there is no vocal line in the
FIRST ending, only the second? Will the hyphen get extended through
the first box to the second ending, as it does now?

It seems to me that there is the possibility of illogical results in
ANY lyric system.

Although I WOULD like certain things to be easier and more intuitive
in the lyric tool!