At 06:03 AM 9/25/02 -0500, Richard Yates wrote:
>Like the Gateway tech yesterday who told me that the intermittent flicker on
>my monitor was caused by the incandescent light near the computer even
>though the problem occurs whether the light is on or off! Grrrr.

Ya gotta stop chewing those Penguin mints while you work.

We used to do that trick years ago -- we'd set somebody up by telling them
that Post Grape Nuts (or some other crunchy food) had an electrical charge
that damaged computer monitors, and they should be careful when eating
certain foods while at the computer keyboard. Then we'd insist they try it
and, of course, the monitor would flicker -- the harder the food, the worse
the distortion. Some folks never figured out that it was their sensory
system that was affected by the crunching. It's still a cool trick, though.

Dennis