At 05:28 PM 2/27/04 +0100, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>weren't you refering to cross staffing? I don't know Graphire at all, but
>going from the instructions on the web site this seems incredibly
>complicated. It needs "ghost notes" to start with. This is much easier in
>Finale, especially when using the plugin in 2k4.
>Perhaps you meant something else?

Oooooooooooo, you are *so* right. I did say cross-staff beaming. I meant
cross-*bar* beaming (across barlines). My apologies indeed!

>I am not questioning that some things in Graphire are much easier or more
>intuitive, but cross staff beaming doesn't seem to be one of them.

Not, its implementation of that is much weaker than Finale's. Again, my
apologies for using the wrong description. Yikes!

>Also, it seems that this programme is no longer supported. It doesn't seem
>to run on any modern operating system, neither XP nor OS X.

It has been sold to a US West Coast company (person?) and is supposed to be
updated. Or so I was led to believe, and the website was updated last month.

We'll see. I do like the object orientation so that crashing can be
avoided, and barlines are just one more object, not a data structure.

Dennis