On 16 Apr 2004, at 02:34 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have had the same problem with "command z" failing to work from time to time, and other recalcitrant behavior, like working with the page layout tool, putting in new values for page or system margins, seeing Finale calculate the new data (you can tell it is doing this by observing the "distance needed for new system" or whatever they call that number that appears at the bottom which changes as it's supposed to) but the changes don't redraw (of course, I've checked the redraw options) until I click on the page.

I've got that -- I didn't know there *was* a way to make it redraw. The redraw button on TGTools Staff List Manager won't redraw until you close the dialog either.

Both of these behaviors turned out to be related to corrupted preference files, and my local guru fixed the problem (too fast for me to catch everything he did). Since I have installed 2004b, the problems have reappeared! Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. If I can figure out how to correct this, I'll let you know.

Please do. I'd rather not erase my preferences needlessly -- it takes a long time to recreate them.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY