Hello,

Am 13.12.2003 um 10:33 schrieb Eric Hoch:

And if I start mozilla from /usr/local/bin it seems to be started
in OSX, but the xterm I started it from is in X11. That's a bit
strange.

As I wrote in my first email which obviously was only sent to you and not to the list too. The build instructions for Mac OS X generate a aqua native mozilla and not a X native one therefore you need to follow the unix build instructions and the OS X build instructions but leave away the Cocoa and other frameworks instead you have to take the ones for X which may be gtk or such ones.

Hm, I just used the libraries of fink and did nothing else than in Linux or FreeBSD. That's why I am wondering why it starts in OSX then.

If you really want a X11 browser use the one in fink unstable. Fink
unstable is much more stable than what others spread as final in
their distributions.

Hm, maybe I should give that a try than. Is there something special I have to notice or can I just change the entries in etc/apt/sources.list to unstable and do an update in fink?

Best regards,
Arvid